You see, we have that in common. I am committed to the People and the Issues facing Florida and St. Johns County, specifically. God save the party labels for someone else. We have too much at stake right now to be worried about kowtowing to the “party’s interests” I am not wasting our precious time getting anyone’s approval for my Candidacy but YOURS! I, like both my Georges’, have Divine Providence approval. Now all I need is YOURS! I am not the Party’s Pick but The People’s Choice and I do pray you choose wisely!
Building relationships through Faith in God, Trust in each other and Pride in our work! There is no problem too big that "we" can't work out together.
I am running a "TAKE DOWN THAT WALL!" campaign, NO HOLDS BARRED!
My "special interest groups" and "lobbyists" are called FLORIDIANS and I solemnly swear to have an "app" available for download to any device where we will submit the proposed bills for consideration as soon as we receive them, translate them into "layman's" terms, give a humble opinion on the constitutionality of the bill, then allow District 17 folks to email, twitter, text and skype their votes to the House Floor. Our team will tally those votes and by majority cast a "Yea" or "Nay" vote accordingly. This "app" will have a fail safe mechanism built in to ward off lobbyists and special interest folks, so as to have a clean tally of what the VOTERS WANT! (We know how sneaky they can be!) First sign of any attempts to bribe or coerce, will be immediately reported to the media.
"Trust me with your vote, and I will make you very Proud! I will not compromise these beliefs!" It will be an HONOR to serve as your State Representative, not only for District 17, but for the State of Florida as well.
Be sure to check out "Our Issues Have Issues" page.
Libertarian New Year's Resolutions
By Harry Browne
- I resolve to sell liberty by appealing to the self-interest of each prospect, rather than preaching to people and expecting them to suddenly adopt my ideas of right and wrong.
- I resolve to keep from being drawn into arguments or debates. My purpose is to inspire people to want liberty not to prove that they’re wrong.
- I resolve to listen when people tell me of their wants and needs, so I can help them see how a free society will satisfy those needs.
- I resolve to identify myself, when appropriate, with the social goals someone may seek a cleaner environment, more help for the poor, a less divisive society and try to show him that those goals can never be achieved by government, but will be well served in a free society.
- I resolve to be compassionate and respectful of the beliefs and needs that lead people to seek government help. I don’t have to approve of their subsidies or policies but if I don’t acknowledge their needs, I have no hope of helping them find a better way to solve their problems. No matter what the issue, I resolve to keep returning to the central point: how much better off the individual will be in a free society.
- I resolve to acknowledge my good fortune in having been born an American. Any plan for improvement must begin with a recognition of the good things we have. To speak only of America’s defects will make me a tiresome crank.
- I resolve to focus on the ways America could be so much better with a very small government not to dwell on all the wrongs that exist today.
- I resolve to cleanse myself of hate, resentment, and bitterness. Such things steal time and attention from the work that must be done.
- I resolve to speak, dress, and act in a respectable manner. I may be the first Libertarian someone has encountered, and it’s important that he get a good first impression. No one will hear the message if the messenger is unattractive.
- I resolve to remind myself that someone’s “stupid” opinion may be an opinion I once held. If I can grow, why can’t I help him grow?
- I resolve not to raise my voice in any discussion. In a shouting match, no one wins, no one changes his mind, and no one will be inspired to join our quest for a free society.
- I resolve not to adopt the tactics of Republicans and Democrats. They use character assassination, evasions, and intimidation because they have no real benefits to offer Americans. We, on the other hand, are offering to set people free and so we can win simply by focusing on the better life our proposals will bring.
- I resolve to be civil to my opponents, and treat them with respect. However anyone chooses to treat me, it’s important that I be a better person than my enemies.
I hope and pray to live up to Mr. Brown's Resolutions in the campaign, election and in my service to the people of District 17 and all Floridians as I do in my personal life! Thank You Harry!
NewsFriday, October 31, 2014 3:58 PM